Streaming from osx ----> xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Games' started by osufnl499, Nov 11, 2005.

1. osufnl499 macrumors newbie

Dec 21, 2004
    I have been reading up on the 360 and have not been able to find an answer to my question. All the previews talk about the 360 connecting to media center pcs and streaming the photes music and movies. I was curious if the media center pc is required or will it stream from a regular pc or better yet a mac? Any input would be helpful.

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    The microsoft fatheads were talking about integration with portable electronics like ipods and possibly digital cameras... didn't mention widespread compatibility with computers. My assumption is that they would not make them compatible with macs, but would make them compatible with ipods (as they stated they would).
  3. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    It isn't even out yet, but I'm sure you can expect 0% Mac support from Microsoft, but I wouldn't be suprised to see someone bring out an app to allow streaming from a Mac. It's a case of wait and see.
  4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    I think you can network transfer movies and stuff (at least hope) to the drive, but you have to have Media Center to stream IIRC. You can't even do it from a Windows PC I think.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2002
    Bay of Fundy
    yeah it probably just has to do with Windows Media Centre. especially since this was something even the original xbox could do (you bought the software from microsoft and it worked to show your content, I think it was called Media Extender or some-such nonsense)