Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech junkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and could use some help. I bought the 160G :apple:TV a month ago. I'm having problems streaming my movie content to the :apple:TV. Everything will stream fine, at first. I'm lucky if I make it through one movie without the :apple:TV loosing it's connection to iTunes. I can shut down iTunes and restart it, then the :apple:TV will find my library again. As you can imagine, this is starting to get annoying.

My setup is this, :apple:TV hard wired via ethernet cable to my DLink WBR-1310 wireless router, my AT&T DSL modem is hard wired to the router as well. My Toshiba laptop is approximately 15 feet away. My movie library, 250 GB is stored on a 500 GB external hard drive connected to my laptop via USB.

Could my problem be my router? Do you think I should look into purchasing a new router with 802.11N even though my wireless in my notebook will only support up to g? As you can tell, I'm new to networking...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.