Streaming Quicktime video "Switching Transports"??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shamus, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Hi all,
    I just went onto the apple site to try and watch the Special Event from October last year. I clicked the link 'watch the special event' link, and it opens a Quicktime window. I am using QT v7.0.4. The window says 'waiting for media' and counts down seconds. Once it reaches 0, where it normally starts playing, it say 'switching transports'. I left it for 15 minutes, and it still says it. It is like this for all quicktime streaming video on the net.

What is going on? :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Maybe try emptying your QuickTime cache in System Preferences. Appropriately, navigate to the QuickTime section and it should be under the Browser heading. :)

3. Shamus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, once you had told me, but it still says the same message whenever i try to stream a quicktime movie. :confused:

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This is usually a firewall issue somewhere between you and the QuickTime swerver.

System Preferences, Quicktime. click on the Advanced tab.
    Pull down Transport Setup and choose Custom...
    Try changing the Transport Protocol there, and find what works for you through trial and error. HTTP often works where UDP can't.

If that doesn't work (say, there's some unrelated problem at the Apple side getting in the way), just put it back on automatic and give up :p

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew