streaming to 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by thrillhouse76, Feb 11, 2006.

1. thrillhouse76 macrumors newbie

i have been using a program called connect360 that allows me to stream music from my mac to my 360, but i have a problem...

the music drops out constantly, particularly when the xbox is communicating with the live service.

my setup is as follows:

cable modem ----> router
    router ----> 360
    router ----> airport express
    airport express ---> 2 macs

in order to get the mac on the same network as the xbox, i had to manually assign an ip address through the router, which required me to request a static ip. could that be affecting performance?

another solution would be to eliminate the router by purchasing a wireless bridge for the xbox (they have a first party network adapter). would this possibly fix it?

or is it more likely that the airport extpress is to blame? i have heard of problems with airtunes dropping out, but that never happens to me.

any help would be appriciated.

2. jane doe macrumors 6502

do you have DHCP turned on, on the base stations? If so, turn it off. Set both the base stations as "wireless clients" and see if that helps.

3. thrillhouse76 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, that works! thank you so much. streaming music to the 360 flawlessly now.

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I'm having issues with this app right now. The 360 and my Mac are communicating, but the songs have red stop signs by them on the 360 and the photos show up as X's.

The developer is helping me right now via email. Fast response! I wouldn't expect support from this guy on a saturday night, but Jesus! Here he is helping me out!

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I have been using this program for the last couple days, really is a gem of a product, so simple but does what it does great. Just needs to supports unprotected AAC and I am all set.

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Did you have to open any ports on your router while using this?

7. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

according to versiontracker version 1.0 does.

8. i.Feature macrumors 6502

i.Feature

Pretty nice program. I may have to buy it and a 360 if they get video sorted out.