Streaming TV like TVU Player on mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by konfuzion, Nov 4, 2006.

1. konfuzion macrumors member

I just discovered TVU Player! Is there any way to get streaming tv like that on my mac without having to go through windows?

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

3. konfuzion thread starter macrumors member

I don't mean a TV tuner, TVU player is an online list of channels, you click one and it streams from the internet using only a broadband connection and no cable.

4. nakedguy macrumors member

nakedguy

Yeah. TVU Player for Mac would be great... But I don't see something like that coming.

5. CHINAdeals macrumors newbie

6. Lara F macrumors 6502a

I'm a big fan of CCTV5 thanks to their figure skating coverage. :p :D I'm on a forum with other skatefans and believe me, I'd be likely to know if there was some way of accessing it on a Mac via a program like TVU, PPStream, PPMate etc. Unfortunately that just isn't the case right now. :( It's one of the very few things - aside from Microsoft DRMd files - I genuinely need my old PC laptop for.

7. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

hey folks...

just wondering if there's still no mac versions of:
    TVAnts?
    Sopcast?
    PPMate?
    TVU?
    VGO?
    PCast?

I've been googling but ended up empty handed... This is weird though cause there is a Linux version of Sopcast but no Mac-version...?

8. VicRattlehead macrumors regular

kind on topic, does anyone have the EyeTV Hybrid and how do you like it? will i be able to use my regular comcast cable non digital connection with it?

9. gurnishan macrumors newbie

i have a great idea on how to use all this stuff on mac but u have to go over xp

u can download vmware for mac and just give it 256mb of memory and then download tvu player and u can watch live streaming tv i am not even liying thats wat i do with my mac. and u can get the key from torrentz

10. Yopladas macrumors newbie

Yes there is

It's called Livestation. here's a link. I also have the eye tv. It's great and the best choice as you can also play video games!:D:)

11. sw0160 macrumors newbie

12. kvrkrishreddy macrumors newbie

13. empyrean macrumors newbie

Tvu player for mac 10.4.x

Hi,
    I have seen TVU player for 10.5.x in tvuplayernetworks.com. Could anyone suggest tvu player for 10.4.x.
    Thanks,

14. lyleoz macrumors newbie

tv for mac

Try www.livestation.com

15. daHitman macrumors newbie

what was the website for the linux version of sopcast.... i got an idea that might work

16. iGodness macrumors newbie

17. Qwertylizer macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip! :) Let's see if that works...

Edit. Great! Happily watching BBC at the moment.

18. ngllgn macrumors newbie

Still nothing...

for those of us with PPC Macs and 10.4.11? Both TVU and Livestation require Intel and Leopard.

Thanks.

19. BigBoi1290 macrumors newbie

Latest TVU-player Mac OSX

Just downloaded the TVU Player Version 1.1.4. This program keeps crashing every time I want to stream a channel. The crash report comes with a long list of errors messages.

Can anyone recommend another program or method to watch online TV on a MAC. :apple:

Thnx MAC Ppls.

20. elCharly macrumors newbie

The player may be not ready yet!

From the FAQ at TVU website:

Can I watch TVU on a Mac?
    Yes, you can, although this is lab edition with limited features.. You can download the Mac player here: http://pages.tvunetworks.com/labs/macosx.html . It’s not a product yet, but we wanted to start to share the power of TVU with Mac users.
    Here is a list of system requirements:

o Mac: OSX 10.5.x
    o Hardware:
    + CPU: Intel 1GHZ+
    + RAM: 512MB+
    + DISPLAY: 32-bit Color

Note: you can only watch with the Mac TVUPlayer; the ‘Watch TV’ feature on our website will not work on a Mac.

21. ScandalOz macrumors newbie

vShare.tv

Trying to watch some football online on my macbook and all the games seem to be linked to this vShare.tv. Anybody know if this is safe to download? Or some sports sites that use something else like Veetle which I already have installed.

thanks