Streaming TV on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike84, Jun 29, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

I know that I just saw that Hulu introduced an option to watch TV on the iphone with a new app.

However, I am curious to know if there is any way of streaming the World Cup today and for future games without paying.

Thank you so much in advance.

2. macrumors newbie

Yes, through a SlingBox ($150 on sale at Amazon) and the SlingBox app ($29) you can watch TV that you would normally watch at home now on your iPhone either through wifi or 3G.

3. macrumors 6502

ALso Hava, I personally have sling in my Sat box the Dish Vip922 and standalone HAVA HD and HaVa is better than sling. I love how it looks on my 3gs needs to be updated for ios4 and it would be perfect. Sling stutters alittle and the HAVA app is only $10

4. macrumors member

www.veetle.com
    pretty sick i saw it on another post, they will usuualy have it, if not they have other shows, and its FREE.

5. macrumors 6502

The app MobiTV also offers the WC streamed (free app but decent content is via in-app purchase, $10 / month I think). I haven't used it much, except to try their free streams, quality was great via wifi on my iPhone 3G.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. macrumors member

streaming TV

If your in the UK, you can use TVCatchup.com

You get most of the "freeview" channels, just set yourself an account up on your pc/mac, then just read the info and it gives you a different url to use for your iphone.

But again only works in the UK.

Hope that helps:D