Streamlining my home office

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by excalibur313, Jun 4, 2005.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

I have a home office and I'm looking at getting a nice color laser printer. It is really huge though (about 4 cubic feet) and I have a very large copier about the same size. I also have a scanner though and I was curious if there is a way to streamline scanning to printing much like an all in one or copier would do using a separate printer and scanner. I would like to get rid of the copier and make my color scanning do all of that work but I would need it to be just as easy or it wouldn't work (eg scanning it to the desktop and then opening the picture to print it would be too much of a pain....I want something where I can run a program or press a button and just have it do it).
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

It depends on the scanner software.
    My canoscan has a copy function, not that i've ever used it (or intend to) other than the odd 1-off basis.
    Good luck!

3. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Well actually the scanner is tied into an all in one. (an epson)

One last question: Using the fax machine program on the mac I have been able to eliminate my fax machine but I have a dedicated phone line for it. Is there a way to set it up so that even if I'm on the phone and get an incoming fax it can redirect it to the computer? I know I'm asking for a lot but this color laser printer is gigantic and I'm trying to clear out as much as I can.