Streamload and other downloading Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ethelmertz, May 6, 2003.

1. ethelmertz macrumors newbie

May 6, 2003
    I tried Streamload for the free 30 day trial and could not download any files. I use Internet Explorer 5.1 and have designated that download folder for my downloads. I am no computer expert and am learning slowly. When I download, it appears to be downloading onto Internet Explorer, like it is loading up a new page. The file never enters my download folder. I tried control clicking and all I got was a copy of the download icon from streamload. There are several times I have tried to download other things, mostly mp3 files and it cts the same way. It downloads somewhere because someplayer pops up and plays it but as soon as I disconnect from IE, the file stops and player disappears. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about and any answers for me ???
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I know what you're talking about. Let me put this in clear, plain English:

Do NOT use any sort of download or upload enhancer on ANY computer unless you absolutely need it.

Second, if the program has an uninstaller, run that. If not, drag every iota of the software to your trash and burn it.

Third, update your System software to the latest version if you have not done so already (current: Mac OS X 10.2.6).

Fourth, update your copy of Internet Explorer to the latest version (current: 5.2.2).

See if that fixes the problem.