Street Fighter 2 Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tommyg117, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I know that Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting is supposed to come out tommorow, Wed. the 2nd, through the Xbox Live Marketplace. Does anyone know if there is a possibility that it will be released tonight after midnight or will I have to wait til tommorow morning to download it? I, for one, can't wait for this, especially if I can fight other people through Xbox Live.

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

All of the releases that have come out over the last few Wednesdays have been released at 1AM PST.

3. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

darn, no love for the east coast from microsoft.

4. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Who here is going to get it? Does anyone know the interface for the on-line play?? Is there a worldwide ranking system?

5. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have no idea how it's going to work with Live, but I am considering getting it.

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I'll definitely buy it. I love the old school arcade games.

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

It's out now... and downloading... s... l... o... w... l... y...

8. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Got it in seconds! And it does allow network play. Gutted that I'm awaiting the delivery of a new HDTV though... have to "make do" with a CRT for the next two weeks :mad:

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Are they planning on releasing Street Fighter Alpha 3 (ex upper etc..) for the 360? i liked Street Fighter 2, but it's no SFA3. ISM!

10. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

OMG. SF2 is the first game I ever fell in love with. The very idea of network play makes me salivate. I hope Nintendo does a version of this for the Wii, because that's the next console I hope to buy.

11. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Seriously how does the Wii turn up in every thread about every other console?

Oh well yeah it is a good game, I hope they release it for the console you end up buying... now back to trying to play it on the 360. The controller sucks for SFII!

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhhh, we used to waste *so* much money on that game, waiting for that voice to say, "You win! Perfect!" :D

Hehehehe, in fact, Street Fighter II has left the indelible trace of the alternate we made up in our lingo... "You lose! Perfect!" Hehehehehe.... :)

Alas, I have no XBox, and will get no hyperfighting. :)

Mmmmm, although all this old-schoolness...makes me want to get out my Saturn and play Radiant Silvergun. Darnit, I wish I'd gotten Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter for Saturn... :( I have the big joystick and everything!

13. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

It is pretty good so far. The controller is not the best for the game but it is Street Fighter, so I can't ask for much more. I can only hope they come out with marvel vs. Capcom on xbox live marketplace as well!

14. risc macrumors 68030

risc

YES PLEASE :D

I love that game.

15. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Now I just looked up how much a copy for Saturn would be on eBay...hmmm... only about $40....hmmm.... :D

16. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

haha, It is definitely worth it. I had it for dreamcast as well. That game was amazing. I am going to test the online play for Street Fighter II right now and I'll be sure to leave some impressions.

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmm, I have a dreamcast in a box somewhere too, although it's the Sat that has the big joystick....I've heard the Sat version of that game was pretty close to arcade perfect anyway?

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yupyupyup! Been playing that loads on my PS1 again. Fantastic game. I think I had another one for the Xbox. All I remember it had something to do with the Metal Slug makers and was terrible.

and yes. There are is no perfect SF controller. My favourite (though not perfect) was the GBA SP with it's snappy quick buttons. Just a shame about the lack of action buttons really.

19. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    It's about godamn time. I've been waiting for this for a few months now. I'll get it when I go home. Excellent. Most excellent.

As far as SFA3 or any others that were released on CD's, you probably won't see them for download since they're roughly 600 MB large. That's a lot to store for an arcade game.

20. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Alright. I have spent some time with the Network play of SFII. I must say, it is pretty fun...when it works. It timed out a lot of times before I could actually start a fight. I had this trouble multiple times through both a wired and a wireless connection in two different houses. It is fun though, although it reminded me just how cheap people who choose E. Honda are when I choose Ryu:mad:

21. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I find the 6 button genesis (mega drive) controller to be the best. Does the GBA controller really work?! I was suprised when I read about how they used that control scheme for the game.

And I remember when Super Street Fighter 2 came out to the arcades, I thought my life was not worth living unless I had that arcade cabinet! I finally bought the genny version a couple months ago...wow the sound is terrible!

22. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Another thing that I noticed. The standard difficulty for the arcade mode is absolutlely amazingly hard. I keep getting my butt kicked and I consider myself pretty skilled in this game. Ryu is so cheap and fires off hadukens like it is his job. It is pretty cheap.

23. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

Gimme Street Fighter 4! Capcom promised something new is in the works. So far, no details.

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, without MP3 music/voices the GBA version has all the characters, levels etc and fits on a mini GBA cart. I think the PSP version is not that big either.

25. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

The GBA version is excellent, actually. You don't really miss the extra buttons.

Risc - I mentioned the Wii because it will have download capacity and it's the next console I intend to buy. Sorry it irks you so much ;)