Strip it. Take it all off.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kjdenison, Mar 15, 2005.

1. kjdenison macrumors 6502

I was watching some logic express videos for fun the other day on apples site, and I noticed a peel effect that they are using in this quicktime video! what is it?! It appears to be a certain program from the text on the upper left when its used, but im not really sure. Anyone know about this?

http://www.apple.com/logicexpress/quicktour/instruments.html

2. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I don't have the information you're looking for, but I commend you for the thread title. You'll be sure to get the answer soon due to many thread-views... ;)

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, he got my interest with that title. Move this to the "Pictures" section and see what happens...

4. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

this isn't something from tiger is it? I haven't seen anything like it previewed or in any of the keynotes. I think its an impressive effect, willing to bet it has some fairly high hardware requirements, which is what i like to see! INNOVATE

5. Windowlicker macrumors 6502a

Windowlicker

It's an effect in FCP, nothing more, nothing less.

6. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

I have definatley used the effect in FCP, and keynote 2, etc... Is there any way this could be used as an expose feature, it would be a lot more creative then the current expose?

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I was also very curious regarding the tittle. Very interesting that it involves GarageBand.

8. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Damn. I think I had a GUIgasm just watching that effect. I pray that is a new Tiger feature, it really does have productive reasoning behind it.

9. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

i can just imagine how many people i could transfer over to mac just by showing them that effect in an expose feature. Everyone already is amazed by the regular expose stuff, and its not even that ellaborate.

I really dont think that its a Final Cut Pro effect that they are using when they do that in the video, because it appears a seperate program pops up in the upper left corner text when its used.

Kurt
    www.kurtdenison.com

10. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

11. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The effect is probably something that can already be done in Quartz for Panther. Tiger's Core Image/Core Video routines will probably have something like this built-in, I'd hope.

12. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

I am willing to bet its built in already as well, when panther came out apple introduced the 3d cube effect on the user switching, and that isn't any more processor intensive then the page peel would be i dont think. I mean keynote 2 uses both? I think it would be great to see because as of now there is no 3d expose features. They will be adding Dashboard, but that is flat as well.

I'm sure if this was going to be included in Tiger Steve would have wow'ed the crowd with it at a keynote for sure. Who knows though?

13. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

I think you all are crazy. It just looks like a FCP effect to me. I have no idea what the other program is in the "upper-left corner" of the screen that you are talking about. Looks to me like they simply folded the still shot of the last frame of the Logic video, and played the GB video behind it.