stronghold or age of empires 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by pantagruel, Mar 17, 2003.

1. pantagruel macrumors regular

these looks like the type of game Id like, but which is better between the two?
    Stronghold or age of empires?
    thanx

2. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Sorry, I haven't played Stronghold, but AoE II has remained one of my favorite games since I bought it.

Dan

3. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I absolutely love stronghold. I never palyed age of empires ii, per se, but do play Galactic Battlegrounds which is the same game with a different set of units. Stronghold is, I think, far and away better. Exellent graphics, great ecoomics system. A real gem.

4. dreamlance macrumors regular

I haven't had the chance to play Stronghold yet but AOE2 is one of my favorite games to play.

5. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Age of Empires 2 is great game. It's my favorite multiplayer game, as for Galactic Backgrounds, it uses AOE2 engine but it is much much worse.

6. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

I pretty much completely agree with that statement....

AOEII comes in a close 3rd to WCIII and Starcraft - in my opinion.

7. maelstromr macrumors 6502

maelstromr

stronghold

I like stronghold a lot better, although it's a little harder to set up a free style single player game...unlike AoEII.

8. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

Stronghold is a very good game. I have not played AoE, but Stronghold is very fun, although a little too easy in some cases.

9. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

just got AoE II last week. i'm having a blast with it. there is one problem with it, at least that i can see--

i haven't been able to find a way to do cross-platform multiplayer. i want to play my friends who have PC's, but no can do. Does anyone know a way around this?

If that's not a big concern for you (or you know how to ge around it), i say pick up AoE. The graphics are a little lite, but the gameplay is great. maybe you should consider waiting for the age of mythology port, also.

10. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

multiplayer between platforms is not supported, its in FAQ