Struggling with iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, May 7, 2006.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

I really wanna use iPhoto, cuz i love mac applications, but its uses are confusing me. For instance, I just had this issue: I received about 12 images in an email. I wanna add these to iphoto, but that option within slideshow seems to only do this one photo at a time. How do I do this?

Can somebody please convince me that iPhoto is better than just viewing the photos via finder window/preview? Cuz right now, the latter option seems quicker/easier.

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

If all you want to do is add them to the library...just download the images to your desktop and then drag them into iPhoto, it'll import them for you.

3. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

and then... delete the images? does "adding to iphoto" make a copy of the files?

4. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

Yes it does, in the iphoto library.

So you would be fine to delete the original. :)

5. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

oy, this program just seems unintuitive! very un-apple. maybe I just need to keep learning...

Two more questions for now:
    1. why does closing iphoto (command-w) QUIT iphoto? I haven't noticed this in any other app.
    2. Do I hafta open the whole program just to import photos? Or I create a little
    "workflow" (automator is the other program that eludes me) that will just add them to iphoto as a right-click option.

Thanks for your help guys.

6. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

or where it says "save" in the email, click and hold the mouse on that...and tan a drop down menu appears and than click the bottom that says iphoto...

7. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Oh cool, that seems much easier. I'm starting to treat it like iTunes, and it's getting easier... the one thing that still bothers me is that it Quits when you close it. What could be the reason for this?