Stuck DVD in a Mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kahos, Jan 21, 2006.

1. kahos macrumors member

Long story short, there's a rented DVD physically stuck inside my brand new(2 days old) Mac mini's combo drive... Any tips or tricks to get it out without opening the case? I dont mind risking damaging the drive that much since l will return the mini to the store I bought it as a defective unit, i would just like to avoid paying 35$ for the movie itself.
    Thanks.

2. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Don't open the Mini if ur planning to return it stating its defective.. they will find a way by tellin u that it's defective b/c u opened it. It will happen.

Try ejecting it and watching what is keeping it from coming out. Is it the drive itself that is not ejecting the disc or is the CD sound like its coming out and being caught on the casing? Like the CD comes out at an angle. If that's the case, then use a thin needle to help the CD find its way out.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If it is just the computer that isn't ejecting the disk (and not a physically "stuck" DVD) there is a way to force eject.

Go to Apple menu > Restart and hold down your mouse button until the disk ejects.

Or you can try the firmware method...