Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Hi Everyone,
Over the weekend I discovered that the left side of my G key was sticking (but still working). On Monday I realized that the G key was fine, but now the right side of my F key gives me resistance. The key still works, but if I'm not carefull to press down hard it won't work. Any quick fix for this?

Thanks in advance

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Could it be something lodged under the keys, like dirt, crumbs etc? It may explain why the problem is migrating left.

Turn the keyboard upside & give it a shake. Even better, get hold of a can of compressed air & blow it through the keys to dislodge anything that may be lurking.

Mem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Sorry...forgot to mention that its a 2 year old Powerbook. Same advice?

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Another tip for you.

I realize your problem has probably already been solved, but I just have one little piece of advice. I bought a compressed air duster at staples and it came with a brush type thing made for cleaning keyboards.. works wonders with unsticking gunk under keyboards, and cleaning dust and etc. in general.

Maybe look for that combo pack next time you're in there? It wasn't expensive at all. Red box, just like everything from staples ;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.