Stuck Keyboard; Help Needed

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Covington, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Covington macrumors member

the middle of nowhere ... well, close enough
    Hey all,

I was planning to get some more RAM in the new future. I've opened PCs before, but I have never opened up a Mac. So, before I decided to buy the RAM, I wanted to see if I could open my iBook.

I lifted the keyboard just fine. I then put it back in. One of the clasps wasn't working correctly, so I tried to take the keyboard out again. This time the keyboard is stuck.

I think that the problem is that I didn't put it back in the right angle. The top left corner of the keyboard seems to be a little tight.

Thanks in advance.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Yeah, when you put the keyboard back, you have to make sure the the bottome, near the space bar, lines up with the slots for the keyboard to go in. Otherwise when the top of the keyboard comes down, it does fit. I think as long as you pull up on the top of the keyboard, you shouldn't damage any of the connections, since the data cable for the keyboard is goes toward the bottom. So use a little force, maybe a flat head screw driver and get it back up and out, then make sure before you push it down again at the top, you have it fitting in nicely.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

that always happened to me, i would play with it in class (don't ask i was bord alot) just use some force and it will work

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

The keyboard is fairly flexible but be careful, you don't want to snap a key off. All Macs are fairly easy to install RAM into. But anything more and its kinda tricky... (exception: PowerMacs)

5. cfd macrumors member

Try pressing down on the lower right of the keyboard, directly below the arrow keys, until you hear a "snap" and you should then be able to remove the part.

6. Covington thread starter macrumors member

the middle of nowhere ... well, close enough