"Stuck on You" has LOTS of macs (and an ipod)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Stewdy, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Stewdy macrumors member

Saw "Stuck on You" this past Friday. Macs were prominent throughout the movie (12" and 17" inch powerbooks, 12" and 14" ibook, iMac and an ipod). My girlfriend kept giving me "that look" because i'd nudge her and say "another mac" whenever one would come on screen. For anyone wondering, the movie was pretty good. No "Dumb and Dumber", but what is...

2. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

I always try and point out a mac in a movie ... LOL

i think that was of an email i got a few years back.

"Your maybe a machead when:

32. you point out a mac in a movie scene "

LOL

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I can't remember what the movie was, but I was watching it with a friend who doesn't like Macs. And anyway, we're setting there watching it, and all of a sudden my friend gasps... "She's using an iBook!! :eek: :eek:"

I didn't even notice the iBook at first, and I owned one at the time. But it's funny that someone who doesn't like Macs recognised one straight away :rolleyes:

4. iChan macrumors 6502a

iChan

I love macs and do this all the time!!! ahhaha

my GF gets so annoyed... but give me such a stare, but now she is the one that points it out because she feels guilty about making me feel stupid for being happy to see an Apple on screen...

The only thing that annoys me is when a Powerbook or something doesn't ge tthe screen time it deserves, especially if it would've made the movie so much better!

5. iChan macrumors 6502a

iChan

i kinda want to see stuck on you much more than a few hours ago now after reading a good review of it... if it's anything like previous farrely movies, it should be quality.

6. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

I'll probably just end up buying it on DVD since I'm pretty much spent out for next 3 months.

I wonder when we will see another hacker type movie??

They suppose to have in works Wargames 2.

Not sure when it's suppose to come out, but it will star all the orig. stars from the first movie.

7. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Call me crazy but everytime they show the screen of a mac on TV or in a movie or in print(other then apple and computer ads) it's always running OS 9 or they have it digitally enhanced to be running something else. Never OS X wtf?

8. iChan macrumors 6502a

iChan

wargame 2? wow, the cast must be so old by now.

they have MacOSx in 24 don't they?

9. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

not if the Apple Legal team has anything to say about it

10. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i'm pretty sure they were running OSX on an episode of scrubs...

i may be wrong though...

11. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    if anyone watched "The Returner", the old lady is using a 15" PB :)

i pointed it out to my gf, and she said, "You're a nerd"

12. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I hate it when they show what is clearly a Mac but it is running windows

13. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Ever hear of Takedown? Its a movie about the persuit of Kevin Mitnick. Released in Europe but has been tied up in a legal battle preventing its release in the US. You could probably find in a p2p by searching hackers 2 not a bad movie IMHO

14. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Did anyone see the Haunted Mansion? Is it just me or does Eddie Murphy's character's son have an eMac in his room? It's a little off camera so it's hard to tell.

15. zellin macrumors regular

Did you mean that the other way around??? I haven't seen it the way you described but I have seen it vice versa. Especially on the West Wing... I know for a fact they edit theirs on a mac. In the early episodes I remember a few times they showed the Powerbook G3 but lately I have seen more ugly beige boxes. But I swear I saw an OS X dock with Sherlock in it!!!
    And plus I see so many ads for stuff (TV, Print) that have Macs but they are almost always running 9!!!
    Infact, It is even more rare to see a frontal shot of a computer not running either 9 or X. They are just so much more visually appealing. And plus seeing Windows makes some people cringe :D
    And plus if they edit their ads on a mac it is just cheaper/easier to use the same mac for the ad.

16. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Other then Apple print ads and ads selling apple computers. i have never once seen an ad with an apple running OS X either OS 9 or doctored to run windows

17. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Ya that how i see it ... why buy a machine when you can just use what you have ... and it helps that what you have is very visually appealing

18. iChan macrumors 6502a

iChan

there are a good few macs on Sex and the city... i even think there was an ad for the new imac on the back of a newspaper that someone was reading, and it was full screen...

pretty cool... it was the episode where Carrie's Pismo got wrong, with the sad mac and all...

cool episode.

19. djjon macrumors member

20. besson3c macrumors member