Stuck or dead pixels:what's worse

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iTwitch, Aug 4, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

Mar 30, 2006
    East of the Mississippi
    If you have either which do do find more annoying or distracting? If stuck, what color and location is more noticeable?

I have a 3.5 and 1 year old laptops with no pixel problems. I also have a 19" LCD with a stuck green pixel about 2" from the bottom and slightly right of center. When the lcd first arrived I was always drawn to it but then I stopped noticing it. Also, because it's green often (with the mix of software I run) it's often nearly impossible to find.

However, the thought of a dead or stuck pixel has caused me to put off purchases in the past. So, what is it best to get stuck with? Pun intended.
  2. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2005
    Stuck pixels are annoying, especially the ones that turn red on black backgrounds :rolleyes:
  3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I've had a 17" LCD with a very noticable green stuck pixel that was near the center of the screen and was very very annoying. Although KDS replaced the LCD with no problems and gave me a newer model and I've not had that problem with any other LCDs. But my PSP has a speck of dust under the screen about 1/4 of the way from the left and about halfway up the screen and it drove me crazy for a while but I started to notice it less and less. I also have a stuck pixel if you call it that that shows orange constantly but only in a black area, it shows normally under every other color, that one is near the bottom of the screen halfway from the right. Other than that I've had no problems with my 7 other LCD screens I've had (counting the one I got after the the LCD with the stuck green pixel and counting laptops).
  4. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
    My G4 iBook developed a haze of about 200-500 slightly-stuck pixels that showed up looking grainy when the screen was black. That was annoying. (yes it was out of warranty).
  5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Stuck pixels are usually a lot more annoying, IMO. They do have one thing going for them, though - occasionally they become unstuck! Dead pixels don't come back to life, but sometimes the stuck ones will cut you some slack.
  6. adk macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2005
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Bright Red/Green/Yellow stuck pixels are one of the most annoying things on earth, right between carrot top and slow drivers in the left lane.