Stuck over iBook Applecare and uni

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by john_satc, Jan 4, 2006.

1. john_satc
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Well, last January I managed to save up quite a large amount of money for me which was for a holiday to NYC but I didn't go so I bought an iBook 12" with the money on Jan 30th. I didn't get Applecare with it, thinking I would during the next year sometime. The iBook was bought for university, which I am starting this coming September. I have realised now I bough the iBook way to early but I know if I hadn't got it then, I would have a spent the money on something useless (I have an inability to save).
    Now I am stuck, and have been thinking that by the time I head off to university (another 9 months away) I will want another iBook with more power and larger screen. The one I have now is great, but the screen is slightly small - I use the families iMac 20" when I need the real estate.

So the issue is, do I get the Applecare knowing in 9 months I might sell the iBook - will it have been a good investment. If I sell the iBook and it comes with the remaining 16 months Applecare will it be worth more than an iBook without Applecare - and by how much?

Thanks,
    Jon

2. shadowmoses
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Hard call, i'd ay pick up the appelcare for £100 on eBay even if you do end up selling it, you will get more £££ as an iBook with applecare is very attractive to potential buyers...

SHadow

3. aquajet
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

You say you may want another iBook in 9 months, but do you think you'll need another one?

Regardless, the extended applecare will always add resale value to your computer should you decide to sell it later.

4. john_satc
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

Well usually my urges of wanting something take over me, and I find a way of getting them, by any means.

Anyway, I have been looking round ebay uk and froogle, and I am confused as to what code Applecare I need. Some sites are saying the US Applecard packages won't work here, so I am a bit worried about that. What code should I be looking for?
    Cheers
    joN