Stuck Pixel?? Maybe??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dukebound85, Aug 29, 2006.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Hi all, I just got a LG Flatron 19 in monitor and I noticed that there is a semi stuck pixel. What I mwan is that on a black or colored background, the pixle is stuck on red. However, if on a white background it becomes unstuct and is white? Is there a way to fix this at all? Is it worth taking back? Would bestbuy let me take it back because of only one stuck pixle?

Also, the monitor has a resolution of 1440 x 900. Will the macbook be able to run it this high? Just so you know I tested the monitor on my dads macbook pro and that is how I discovered that troublesome pixle

thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think the MacBook will be fine with that resolution but maybe wait for someone who's not mad to answer because their reply will obviously be more accurate.

As for the stuck pixel; try rubbing it gently. If that doesn't work then try running lots of colours past it very quickly (maybe make a PowerPoint presentation with fast moving, single colour slides). This can sometimes unstick a stuck pixel. :)

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yes, the MacBook should be fine for that resolution. In fact, the MacBook can support an external display with a resolution up to 1920 x 1200. :)

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Before you try rubbing, try this. It is the same idea as the PowerPoint idea above, but already done for you.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Cool idea emptyCup- hopefully this takes care of your stuck pixel for you dukebound85. :)

6. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Thanks, no that thing didnt fix it.

I have another question though, the display has a resolution of 1440 by 900 but looks fuzzy compared to my macbook? Is this normal?

Anyway to make the image sharper? Right now I have it connected via vga, will dvi make it alot sharper?

Thanks

7. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

ok wierd, how come when I changed the hz from 75 to 60, it got a bit sharper? I would think the opposite for some reason.

Anyone know why? Thanks

Also, at 60hz it does no fill the whole screen even at 1440 by 900 where at 75hz it does

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

My LCD does that too, only 75Hz is better for me.

http://itasor.com/pixelmurder.mov
    ^you can try that too, it's probably the same as the widget, although I don't know why anyone would want a widget of it.

9. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Haha thanks. Wow that like can't be good to watch lol. Yea I ened up just returing it to bestbuy and getting another one.

Sucks, bestbuy presumes I am lying and has to take the monitor with the problem and actually see if there is a bad pixel. owell, this new one is working great lol

Thanks for all the help though

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Glad to hear that your problem has be solved, sorry that we could not fix it for you here first though. :eek: :)