Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznspyder

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
California and Bangkok
I just noticed that my 5g video iPod has one stuck blue pixel near the center of the screen. At first, I started to freak since I've only had it for a few months and taken really good care of it. But then it disappears and goes back to normal. And then it goes blue again. Any ideas what's happening?

Alone2Gether

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
try rubbing the dead pixel in a circular motion. call Apple and complain that it's dead smack in the center.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Alone2Gether said:
try rubbing the dead pixel in a circular motion. call Apple and complain that it's dead smack in the center.
I don't think that would work too well on an iPod, due to the stiff acrylic/whatever over the screen. Since this is the first report I've heard of for a dead/stuck pixel on an iPod video, I have no idea what Apple's policy is on it. I guess you should call/go to a store and see what they say.

aznspyder

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
California and Bangkok
I'll try to find a video file to flash the screen a few times. I heard that it works. Otherwise, I'll call Apple and see what they can do about this.

It's strange because it comes and goes all the time. It usually happens when I use my iPod for more than half an hour. Maybe due to heat?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.