>Stuck Pixels On My LCD: What To Do???

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by LaMerVipere, Jun 14, 2004.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I've never really looked at the LCD on my iBook G4 really close and carefully before, but I am going to take my iBook in to get fixed because the trackpad and button died on me for some reason, so I decided to give my whole machine a very close and detailed lookover, and now that I do...

there's stuck pixels EVERYWHERE! :eek:

there's literally a light dusting of them all along the left edge of the screen and a high concentration in the upper left corner. they are all either red, green, or blue (on account of the RGB colour). you wouldn't even notice them unless you got REALLY close to the screen but now that I have it's going to really annoy me.

the thing is, what would apple do about it? replace the LCD or give me a whole new machine? Or would they even repair it?

2. RiseAgainst macrumors regular

If there are lots of them as you descibe, Apple will replace it. I don't know if there change the screen or give you a new computer but if its over a certain number of pixels they have to replace it.

You might want to try massaging them out. Rub the screen in a cericular motion over the stuck pixels with a soft cloth over your finger. It might "unstuck" them.