Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgernon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
Where can I get a mac G5 at a student discount? Also looking for final cut pro at student price.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
I keep hearing about student discounts but haven't seen anything concrete about them. I'd like to know so that I can pass the information on to my students. Nermal gave you the information for the educator discount--if there's student stuff there I haven't seen it. The discount is probably the same though so checi it out.

Some people expect a huge discount and are disappointed. I think with the recent increase it's up to about 10%. I'm not knocking it--paying $1800 is better than paying $2000--but it's probably not enough to make a difference is being able to afford the computer or not. It shaves off the sales tax. Some people expect to get it for half price because of the discount but that's not the way it goes.

pgernon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
Cheers I am in uni but based in eurpoe so I dont think I can buy from apple.com anywhere else do it?

jFreeangel1

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2003
NY
You can try looking at an on-campus store for educational pricing. I would even as far as asking Apple stores in your area if they will offer educational pricing to university students.

mislabeledstar

macrumors regular
May 12, 2003
Los Angeles
Originally posted by Horrortaxi
I keep hearing about student discounts but haven't seen anything concrete about them. I'd like to know so that I can pass the information on to my students. Nermal gave you the information for the educator discount--if there's student stuff there I haven't seen it. The discount is probably the same though so checi it out.

Some people expect a huge discount and are disappointed. I think with the recent increase it's up to about 10%. I'm not knocking it--paying $1800 is better than paying $2000--but it's probably not enough to make a difference is being able to afford the computer or not. It shaves off the sales tax. Some people expect to get it for half price because of the discount but that's not the way it goes.

Go to the apple store online, in the bottom right hand corner there is a link for the educationalk store..... it asks you if you're k-12 or higher ed student/teacher.... click on appropriate link and it will ask you to locate your school and then will connect you to the web page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.