Student dev program & student discount...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SilentPanda, Jul 12, 2004.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Well here's my question. I'm going to be joining the Student Dev program here pretty soon for the hardware discount. I know it's once per lifetime discount. I qualify to join the student dev program even! :)

Soooo... I'm going to be buying a Powerbook here pretty soon with my current student discount (10% off) which is limited to one hardware purchase per year (July 1st to June 30th). If I join the Student Dev program and buy a PowerMac G5 is it legit to use my once in a lifetime student discount? I don't see how they conflict because they're separate but I didn't know if anybody had had any trouble with it. I read the ADC agreement (the parts pertaining to hardware purchase) but it seems to be a generic agreement so it doesn't mention the once in a lifetime thing. I'd of course rather do the ADC discount if that's the only one I can get this year but I'd like to do both if I can. You can never have too many Macs. :)

I'm still going to wait until around when Tiger is released to get the G5 (hopefully the Dual 2.5 will be low end by then).

2. w00tmaster macrumors regular

Yes you can. I ordered an iBook in November, and bought my G5(on the 30th, still not shipped yet though :mad: with the dev discount. Actually, they don't seem to enforce the edu limit even. I customized my iBook but accidentally ordered a 2nd iBook, and BOTH SHIPPED! I was overseas at the time, so it was a pain trying to straighten everything out.
    Hope you have better luck with your apple order experience than I did..

3. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Yeah... I know they don't (always) enforce the limit but I try (and do) keep in the limits because I don't want the program to go away on my own selfish account... that and I can't afford much more than 1 or 2 computers a year anyhow... :)

Time to go order a powerbook then (and a 15 gig iPod!)...

4. Sogo macrumors 6502