Student Developer Hardware purchase...change school?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by heyloo, Feb 8, 2007.

1. heyloo macrumors 6502

Hello,

I figured that I should post this question up on the forums before I confront the official Apple ADC reps.

I'm currently a senior in college and am a student developer. My license is due to expire in a few months. I will be going into graduate school upon graduating from here -- I'll be going to another school. Student ADC is verified only by Student ID/Class schedule for specific schools. I was wondering if I change the school, I may be eligible to purchase a new system while studying in grad school.

Any thoughts on this? Could we purchase more than 1 system if we change schools?

Thanks!

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

It's apparently a "once per lifetime" thing, so probably not.

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Didn't you need to fax them a copy of some government issued ID? Like a driver's license or passport?

Been a while since I applied for mine, but surely you can coax one of your PC using friends to buy let you buy one in his name, maybe for a couple lunch treats or something.

Hell, for the savings you are getting you can afford to treat him at the college cafeteria for a week! And to a guy who hates Macs how much more of win can he get? :D