Student Developer Membership

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by simontarr, Jan 4, 2007.

1. simontarr macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm currently studying computer science, and want to start learning how to develop for the mac, as all I have been learning is VB and Java.

I want to get a MacBook Pro (Basic 15" Model) and I'm wondering what the discount level is if I first sign up for the student developer scheme. Here in the UK it costs £99 to join and includes a one off purchase with a 'heavy' discount. Can someone tell me how much I would expect to pay for the laptop? (In pounds please- direct conversion from dollars to pounds doesn't quite work)

2. J.Stunnaz Guest

goto the developer connection homepage on the apple website and under developer support click teh hardware purchase program, this should take you to the discount page
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Unfortunately (to my knowledge), only US folks have access to their developer store where they can see the prices beforehand. Folks in Europe have to sign up for ADC first, get the specs they want from the regular store, and then call up the ADC folks to find out the price.

At least that's my understanding...I could be completely wrong on that though.

That said, the ADC discount on the stock entry-level MacBook Pro in the US is 20% ($1600, down from the $2000 regular price). That may give you some hint of what you could expect in the UK, but it's just an estimate.