Student Discount not working @ Apple.Ca?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Dynamyk, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

I could get an Ibook @ 1149 before, now I can only get it @ 1199. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Cooper macrumors newbie

Same here. The regular price is 1249$ and the edu price is 1199$, but I'm sure it was 1149$ last week... :confused:

3. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

Has there been any major movement in the Canadian vs US dollar lately?

This might have happened last night during the Apple store downtime.

4. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure it was always $1199. There is a model for $1149 but that is the education model which lacks the combo drive (old-skool CD-ROM read-only) and Airport Express, pretty stupid model in my opinion for the $50 difference.

5. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

I always like calling into the 1-800 number anyway (I see it's listed for the CA site store as well) - I've gotten unexpected discounts that way as well when digging for what their best deal is.

6. prp134 macrumors regular

Hm....I never noticed that, does anyone know if there was also a price change in the powerbooks, I THINK* the price was lower but I can remember.

7. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

I just went to the Apple Store after I noticed this thread. I could not find any changes from the last time I was on it, also know as yesterday. I configured a Powerbook the same as mine and the price was the same as what I paid for it in Feburary. Displays were the same price. I not familiar with iBook prices so I cannot tell if they have changed.

8. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

yep the price has changed
    I do remember it being $1149 two months ago , I was looking to replace my 12" iBook that got stolen , and now its $1199 wow what a crappy deal for a machine that needs some serious upgrading to be good again.
    one would have thought the price would come down not go up
    unless updates are next week :rolleyes: