Student Discount on Black Friday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by anariel83, Nov 17, 2006.

1. anariel83 macrumors newbie

I read on appleinsider that there will be a sale on the day after thanksgiving (black friday)... if the macbooks are on sale (or anything else for that matter), will i be able to use my student discount on top of the sale price? i doubt it, but it would be pretty sweet if i could... has anyone done this or know if you can?... thanks so much :D

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

No...Apple has never (to my knowledge) allowed customers to use any special discounts on top of the EDU price, and I wouldn't expect them to change their policy this year.

Sorry. :(

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

WildCowboy is correct. This has never been Apple's policy and I don't see them changing it anytime soon. Definitely don't hold your breath. :cool:

4. bit density macrumors 6502

It's sales day for the rest of us.

Sort of like we get to be student for a day, with not as many items, or as big a sale.

5. anariel83 thread starter macrumors newbie

thats what i figured, but i thought i'd throw it out there... im gonna be at the mall that day, so ill still check in the store, but not with any expectations... but if i could do it, you better believe im buying my first mac on the spot!! :p
    thanks for the feedback everyone...

6. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

That's not true. I was able to use a $30 off $300 coupon on a educ. powerbook (awhile back).

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sorry, I wasn't really referring to coupons, although most of those aren't valid on EDU purchases either.

8. raleigh1208 macrumors member

I understand Apple usually offers a 10% discount off regular prices on Black Friday at the Apple Stores. Does it apply only for in-stock items or can you order from the store and get the 10% off? I'm interested in the 17 in MBP but don't know whether it will be in the stores by next Friday.

9. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Apple has never offered the discount on the Pro machines (PowerBook and PowerMac in the past), so I'd imagine that would apply to the MacBook Pro and Mac Pro this year.

10. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

Anyone know if you can get the Shop Discover 5% cashback through the Apple store online along with your education discount? I'm waiting on my Discover card to get here since I just applied today so I don't know what kind of page it takes you to when you click through Discover.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What's wrong with this picture? Hint ... dates. And you may not be able to combine discounts.
    Picture 2.png

12. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

Haha yeah I just noticed that. This thread turned up in a Macrumors search when I was looking for details about what kind of sale Apple may run on Black Friday and I just saw the November part and posted before I realized the actual thread date.

13. mfaye21 macrumors regular

haha that hilarious :apple::)