Student Discount....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Joeytpg, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

Ok, i know that with the student ID card you can get $200 off the original price if you buy a computer.........but the ID discount aplies to iSights?

and how much is the discount?

2. therevolution macrumors 6502

The discount varies on the item. It isn't always $200, sometimes it's less, I think sometimes it's more.

Why don't you try looking here? I believe iSights are $129 education, down from $149 retail.

3. dav macrumors 6502

iSight with EDU discout is $20 off, making it $129 rather than $149

edit

Ohh, beat to it

4. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

So there's a website online called Store.Apple.com where you can buy Apple products directly from Apple. "gasp" And also on this website is a place called Education where you can find out the education discount by entering your college. "gasp x2"

Regular iSight Price: $149
    Education iSight Price: $129

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sounds like some may need a nap :)

He may have heard about the Cram and Jam rebates, and didn't know about the Educational Store from Apple.

6. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

educational agreement

I was thinking about buying the final cut production suite with an educational discount. Does anyone know what the restrictions are on its use, commercial or otherwise? I can't seem to find the educational purchase contract on the apple site. I would like to know what I would be limited to in it use after I graduate. Thanks!

7. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The license for educational software states that you can NOT use the software for profit. It is for learning only.