Student Ipod/Laptop deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by d itup, May 10, 2006.

1. d itup macrumors newbie

I recall last year apple haveing a deal during the summer for people who use the student discount to receive $200 to the ipod store. Does anyone know if they will be doing that again this year, and if they are, when it will start?

2. D34th macrumors regular

Chances are they will. There have been a few threads about this. It will be sometime in the summer, my guess is around late July into August, but I could be wrong. I forget what they call it, something like the Cram and Jam promo, but I could be wrong again...

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

We had one here at the beginning of the school year. I think it was Jan-Mar. I'd say similar will be true of where you are.

4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

As previously said, there are many threads like this already.
    Last year, i think it started at the end of June.

5. erickg macrumors 6502

Yeah, it seems to be a recurring thing. Last year it was called Student Union and the years before that Cram and Jam. I usually wait with upgrading my laptops until these offers arise. Unfortunately, they usually don't start until the second week of August in Sweden (in the US I think it starts during the middle of July). Apple isn't always too quick to deposit the rebate though, last time I ordered my iBook and iPod and sent the forms to Apple in the end of August... got my money in the middle of January!! :eek: :mad: