Student Needing Help with excel to Keynote

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by B-Line, Nov 22, 2006.

1. B-Line macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am a university student, and I am trying to prepare a keynote presentation for one of my classes. I am a recent switcher, and I would like to try something new and use keynote . My presentation involves a lot of data that I have calculated in excel using parallels. Can you import graphs directly into keynote without having to use the keynote table feature to create a graph? My graphs need to show the R^2 values and equations calculated in excel. I know this may not be possible through the parallels-office setup but can you do this using the office mac software? Also does keynote have a scatter plot graph or trendline function?

I currently don't have office 2004 and have been trying to wait until it is UB, but if it can fulfill my needs, it may push me to buy it.

any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

2. B-Line thread starter macrumors newbie

Question Refined

I guess I should refocus my question...

How can save my graph as a jpeg file, so I can insert it a keynote presentation?

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You can take a screenshot with Command-Shift-4 and import the image from your desktop, or assuming you have created the graph in Excel as a new sheet you can choose to print, then save it as a PDF from the PDF menu, then import the PDF.

You import using Insert==>Choose

Keynote's grapher cannot do trend lines, so cannot draw R^2 graphs.