Student Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KittenKrusher, Aug 24, 2005.

1. KittenKrusher macrumors regular

Does anyone know of a site where I can purchase software legally at discounted prices for Students? More specificly: Photoshop and maybe Macromedia stuff. I googled this and came across a few websites but it looked like the sites were made by a 2 year old on MS Word so I don't know if I trust them. I would love to purchase Photoshop straight from Adobe but $600 is a little much right now. If I could get it cheaper at a Student price, I would be happy.

Also, are these kind of sites legal? I ask because I don't see Adobe themselves offering Student discounts on their store so I dunno.

My school has an online software store, but they only got a bunch of Microsoft .NET crap and no Adobe titles.

- Wes

EDIT: Btw, this is for Mac use, not PC.

2. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Try a university bookstore. Even if it isn't your school they should still be able to sell to you at the discount. I know my school has Adobe among others.

Of course there might be geography issues, but if not, give it a try!

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

4. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

One site that I have liked is www.academicsuperstore.com.
    They have (as far as I can tell) a full line of Adobe/Photoshop products and should meet your needs.

Good luck!

5. KittenKrusher thread starter macrumors regular

Thank Doc for that link for Edu stuff on Adobe's website, I never saw that on their site. They had a link for journeyed.com on their and I think I will use that. Seems like a good legimate site, and if it was linked on Adobe's site then it must be.

Thanks for all the links guys. Between all these sites I can get lots of software cheap :D

6. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

There is also GradWare. You just need to send in a copy of your student id for an account.