"Student Union" promotion in Europe/UK?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by assscat, Jul 31, 2005.

1. assscat macrumors regular

Has anyone heard if Apple will be extending the Student Union promotion to the UK? I wanna get one of the new iBooks, so it'd be nice to get a free iPod too.

2. DJ1UK Guest

A promotion is starting on August 2nd (This coming Tuesday), where if you buy a mac and an ipod within a certain timeframe you can get a rebate of £100.

I think those details are correct - do a quick search, I'm sure theres a thread on here somewhere already about it.

DJ

3. nat3503 macrumors newbie

Yep, the promotion starts on Tuesday according to the European web editor. They e-mailed me last week - I pasted it on this thread, which you might want to check out:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=1631155

4. assscat thread starter macrumors regular

That's not as good as the US Student Union promo! Better than nothing for sure, but still not as good.

5. nat3503 macrumors newbie

I agree... especially since I was told that I have to be AT my future university to get the rebate, rather than just have confirmation of my place. I'm sure they'll accept a letter from my uni as confirmation that I'll soon be there, because in both the Regent Street and Bluewater stores I'm able to get student discounts even though I haven't got a confirmed place until my exam results.

6. assscat thread starter macrumors regular

Fingers crossed this is not the case, I don't want to wait until I start uni to get the iBook. I want everything sorted out before I start, specifically I want time to make sure there are no problems with the computer before I really need it. I don't want to be without my iBook for the first couple of weeks of uni because it's being fixed!

I shall ring the Apple Ed store when the promo starts and find out.

7. fieldsofanfield macrumors newbie

I think a copy of the Uni's confirmation letter that you get after your results (hopefully lol) should be fine.

8. nat3503 macrumors newbie

Me too - especially since I'm switching from a PC so want to get used to the iBook before moving to uni - I currently live 30 mins from the Bluewater Kent store and less than an hour from the London Regent Street store, and my future uni is more than 3 hours away from any Apple Store so if I have any problems I'd like to get them sorted out before I go!

9. assscat thread starter macrumors regular

Phoned Apple this morning. Checked that even though I am not going to Uni until September that I qualify a) for edu discount and b) for the student union promotion.

On both counts I do qualify.

:cool:

10. anjam macrumors member

Is there any links/info on the apple site about this, could be interested.

11. DJ1UK Guest

Updates usually happen around 1pm UK time for the UK site. So give it an hour or so and something should show on the site.

DJ

12. anjam macrumors member

Okay hope your right. Wasn't there a cram and jam offer last year or was that in the states?

13. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

So this is an education offer, but the eMac isn't eligible... riiiiiiiiiiiight... So the e stands for education huh :p But has anyone seen the 10 month interest free offer! :eek: Very cool!

14. lizard79 macrumors member

also the euro promo isn't egligible for the Ibooks ordered last week..

the person on the phone told me to send the ibook back and order a new one as it's necessary that the mac and the ipod are on the same bill!!!
    **** happens..

15. anjam macrumors member

So is the 12" ibook eligable for this as it says 12" ibook cd not eligable and im confused.

16. lizard79 macrumors member

the 12" iBook is eligable as long as it is ordered after the 2nd august with the ipod..

17. DJ1UK Guest

There used to be 3 different ibooks on the education pages, the 2 that are there now plus one that just had a CD drive (not a combo drive).

DJ

18. Patch^ macrumors regular

wouldn't the promotion be better if it was just £100 off an iPod when bought with a mac (excluding shuffles). Seems a bit pointless if your going to get the money back after you spend it. Unless the rebate is just money you spend on the apple store.

just a thought.