student union rebate question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zeeko, Aug 7, 2005.

1. zeeko macrumors member

Okay, I bought my ibook and mini online, and i understand most of the rebate form that i have to cut out the upc on the bottom of my mini and ibook cases but what is considered the "reciept" of an online purchase? is it the paper that comes in the box they were shipped in?

enlighten me.

2. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

You should get an invoice via email that should describe your purchase and should work as your receipt.

3. MacVM macrumors member

I have a question, too. Sorry for hijacking!

Question: Are other model ipods (30 or 40 gb) available for the Student Union rebate? If so, do I get them from the refurbished section, or what?

4. rkristich macrumors member

Yes, any iPod model (except the Shuffle) is available for the rebate. According to Apple, "You can choose a 4GB iPod mini in any color. Or purchase a 6GB iPod mini, 20GB or 60GB iPod and save $179 after mail-in rebate." So if you get a more expensive iPod, it won't be free, but you will get a $179 discount on it.

And refurbished iPods are not eligable for the rebate, but the iPods in the sale section are (20 gb non color and 30 gb color).