Studio Display & 12" PB - Problem...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by robmmarino, Oct 29, 2003.

1. robmmarino macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2003
    Ever since my upgrade to Panther, I've had a problem with the display on my 17" Studio Display. Although my screen is normal on the PB, the screen on the Studio Display has shifted to the right approx. 1 inch. [Think back to the old days with a horizontal adjustment on a TV or CRT monitor]. I've got a 1 inch black section on the left of my screen and the corresponding 1 inch on the right side of the screen can't be seen. The Studio Display is connected via Gefen's VGA to ADC connector. This problem did not exist under Jag. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

AppleCare was essentially useless and Gefen is blaming it on Apple. I've tried re-setting P-RAM and repairing permissions.
  2. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

May 22, 2003
    Have you click "Detect Displays" in the Display system preferences? That seemed to help me in when that happened with my 17" CRT.
  3. robmmarino thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2003
    I tried that but unfortunately it got me nowhere. Thanks for the idea, though. Any others?
  4. iEric macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2003
    I'm quite sure that it's Gefen's fault.
    1) Maybe Panther does not support the Gefen converter
    2) Try and buy a Apple converter.