Studio Display Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DinoAdventure, Jan 19, 2006.

1. DinoAdventure macrumors member

DinoAdventure

I have been using a 15" Apple Studio Display with my Powerbook for a few months now, using the ADC DVI adapter. It worked great for the first few weeks I had it, but then it started to act up. When I leave monitor for about an hour, it starts to act the like power button is being pushed over and over. The light on the button illuminates over and over, and the shut down dialog pops up repetitively. This makes it impossible to use my powerbook when the monitor is plugged in. In recent weeks it has gotten much worse, I can't even use the monitor at all now. I made a thread about it when it first started happening, lots of people tried to offer suggestions but nothing worked. So now I'm wondering if it's possible to take this thing apart and disable the power button. I really have no need for the button, and I'd like to be able to use the monitor.

So if anyone has any info on how to take it apart (if it's even possible) I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

2. DinoAdventure thread starter macrumors member

DinoAdventure

Well I went ahead and took the display apart, it was really easy and went very smoothly. I barely have any experience working on computers and I was able to do it no problem. Once inside, I just disconnected the plug to the power button from the main board, and wa la. I took pictures of the process, so if anyone needs a guide I will be sure and post them.