Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterhaunted604

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
I have just purchased a pair of KRK powered Rokit 5"s, they were the display ones so i got a deal. The only thing is that they didn't come with any instructions and all that so I had a question about the knobs in the back for anybody that might know about these things.

The first knob says HF Level Adjust with a range of -2dB to +1dB

The other one says volume so I think i can figure that out :)

so I am assuming that the dB stands for decibells? either way I am not sure what setting to put it at.

I have my setup in a small room as well. I was wondering how I should space these monitors with reference to my Imac and any other general tips that someone could offer would be greatly appreciated! thank you

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
how I should space these monitors with reference to my Imac and any other general tips that someone could offer would be greatly appreciated!
look at this thread.

the freq adjustments are for compensating for anything your room is doing that affects those frequencies. if you haven't treated your room, you should -- your room affects what you hear more than your monitors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.