Study: Terror prosecutions at pre-Sept. 11 levels

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 4, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We have given up our libertys and rights for this? Never was a reason for the Patriot Act in my view if the crime fighters were doing their jobs. To say you have to take aways everyones libertys and rights for these few cases is discusting to me as a American citizen who has served his country. Guess its easier to treat everyone as a criminal to this Bush administration.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sounds like someone has a pre-9/11 mindset going on...

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Guess that means were a bunch of appeasers ,isnt that how the fascist would put it? No wait lets see since I dont agree with the administration of spin iam helping terrorists?

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:eek:

The problem of course is that the war on terrorism is a land grab. It needs to be measured based on actual evidence of a decline in global damage done by terrorism. The hell I care how many people were arrested?

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not really concerned about the sheer number of arrests, i'm looking at the conviction rate. that it's so low, and that the DoJ has been rejecting so many FBI "cases", tells me that either the police work is being done incompetently, or it's motivated by making spreadsheet look good and not real results.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sorry, no, I understand your point, Zim. I'm inclined to like this one, sadly. I think the "war on terrorism" is like the "war on drugs." It's all about land grab mentality. The people "fighting" this war are not now and have never been serious about asking what it really would take to end terrorism.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Also another reason for the administration to get approval for wire taps on these guys etc rather then just spying on every American. Perhaps there arent as many terorist here as the administration is selling.

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Did the study say anything about Terror undocumented detentions also being at pre-Spet. 11 levels? I bet you that's one area that Bush has slacked in.