STUDYING ALL NIGHT! YEAH!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Demon Hunter, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

With the aid of Mac Rumors and caffeine, I'm going to get an A on my psychology midterm!! HAHAHAHA

Only 5 hours til the test, nothing can stop me now. Sleep, I stab at thee!

not to mention if I slept I would probably not retain the crammed knowledge i have just attained. better to bite the bullet!!!!

I'm sure many of you know how this is :D

Why was I so stupid, argh

Four weeks of studying I didn't do... W00T

I will report my score as a testament to the stupidity of procrastination and the sheer power of WILL!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

colllLEEGEEEE

2. krollster macrumors member

3. urban1985_ macrumors regular

GOOD LUCK!!! What level Psych are you taking?
    I've never had to stay up all night for anything. Then again, I'm only in first year uni. I'm one of those people that barely study for tests, but usually do better or as well as the people who study really hard.

My biggest problem is with papers. I do them all last minute. It's annoying, but I get good marks. I just hate not having enough sleep. I never do :(

Tell us how you do!

4. Demon Hunter thread starter macrumors 68020

THanks for the support guys! :)

It's only an intro level class so I should be fine, I'm first year too.

Fortunately all my training from LAN parties and WoW sessions have made all nighters a little less strenuous. Probably very unhealthy, but so are my ramen noodles...

What Uni? I'm at Univ. of Minnesota :)

5. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

There are a lot of gophers on Macrumors. Good luck on your psych exam!

- alex_ant '04

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    As someone who can identify with that statement - get out of that habit. You're not challenging yourself and it's not good practice for the rest of your life. Find tougher courses where you actually have to work or the 'barely study' mentality may stick.

I've also discovered that while I barely studied and passed easily, those people who slogged back then find it much easier to remember the information now than I do.

7. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Actually, I seem to recall hearing that sleep is when your body processes and stores memories of everything you've done during the day, so you're best to do as much studying as you can while leaving enough time for a good nights' sleep.

8. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Good luck!

but i see u allready have a good attitude towards your task ;)
    Glad to hear gaming all night is good for something other than RSI :p

9. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Good luck with your test ;)
    Well I wish I could stay up all night and be productive but I need my sleep :p

10. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Good Luck!

For the 2nd through the 10th semester of my 6 year bachelor degree, I did the same, and look at me now! (then again maybe you should change your ways - and don't look my way - could be depressing! :p )

Let us know how ya did, a positive wave floating your way.

11. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Yes, you certainly seem to be a perfect subject for a psychological test, hehe... I definately know the situation myself, though I always go for at least 1 hour of sleep. Otherwise my brain is just to ****'d up to think straight.

good luck w your test

A

12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I normally stay up all night before an exam. Better to read a bit and relax than tossing and turning in bed without getting any real sleep.

Cut down a bit on the caffeine though, after the incident I told about in the Caffeine-thread... ;)

13. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Ugh I hate having to pull an all nighter...Organic Chem, Molecular Genetics and a studio art class are taking all of my time this term.

14. Drgnhntr macrumors regular

Good luck on the test!

This brings back memories. I always felt really good after staying up all night, though I did try to get an hour or two "nap" in before the test. You do have to watch the caffeine though. I was hyped on caffeine, worried about a test and almost had a nervous breakdown when the test finally started. Just like tweek from south park. :eek:

15. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I find cramming the night before a test fairly useless. And pretty unhealthy. In my college days, I would prepare 4 days in advance of a test and get a really good nights rest the night before. You wake up feeling refreshed, and if you wake up early enough, a 20 minute jog really clears your mind, and I use that time to go over last weeks study material.

16. Demon Hunter thread starter macrumors 68020

This is why I love this forum, damn you guys are cool. :) You must have generated that positive psychic wave because I think I landed a B+/A-. If the TA is nice, possibly an A. I'll post my exact score when I get it...

And I'm still awake, which also amazes me. Should sleep well tonight.

Since this was my first "real" midterm I grasp how much time it requires now... hopefully one of my only cram experiences.

In response to the caffeine, yea, 16 oz. of energy drink... when you start twitching you know it's time to stop. :eek:

As for retaining stuff when you sleep, yeah that's totally true, but I heard if it's not at least 6 1/2 hours you don't retain as much. :confused:

I found that exercising for a few minutes keeps the blood flowing, and lots of water... but ultimately drive and focus got me through.

So that's my epic saga. :D

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you all the best dferrara. When I was in college, my belief was that a good nights sleep is important. My practice was to get up early, sometimes at 6am to do some last minute studying. The mind works better when it's well rested.

18. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

A star burns brightest before the supernova........The energy high, and euphoria will give way to rapid collapse and a deep twitching sleep! :D

Adios and pleasant dreams!

19. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Gopher!

:)

20. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I did exactly that, and utterly blew my exam. A 48% no less. :eek: I had to pay for that mistake the next two months, making DAMN sure I got 100% and every bonus questions possible. I MANAGED to get an A in the class. That was hell.

21. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

You Sir, are an Idiot.

Things we learn right before we go to sleep are more likley to be remembered than other things.

When the time comes to take the test, you will be so exausted that you will not be able to remember anything.

Review the main points, and get some sleep.

If you fail, because you stayed up all night, I have no simpathy.

22. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Whoa now.

Everyone has thier own way of retaining information. The Brain is very complex and is complelty different throughout everyone. While this may not work for you it may work perfect to him.

I say good luck, hope you do good!

23. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

You call someone an idiot. And proceed to spell sympathy like a second grader. Way to go. :rolleyes:

24. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Probably just another liberal idealist geek from Denver.