Studying Audio Production in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by dazloe, Nov 1, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Sep 22, 2008
    Greetings ladies and gents, at the moment I am planning to move to melbourne (australia) to study sound design and audio production. I have done a bit of research, but I wanted to know if there are any colleges or uni's that are based around Logic Pro? Thanks again :) (I'll be moving to St. Kilda)
  2. macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2008
    Newengland usa!
    some schools might have cources specific to logic.
    are you going to sae by any chance?
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 22, 2008
    Thanks for the reply :) SAE is a definite possibility, but I was also looking at JMC and the University of Melbourne. I would like to move to new york, but for the time being studying logic/audio production in australia would be ideal! Thanks again for your help :)
  4. Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    I can't recommend SAE, they don't give you the practical experience (I'm speaking of the London outfit, but have no reason to expect anything different from the Aussie set-up). They are also expensive.

It's a little hit and miss going to a University, and it depends on the course and the specific subject you want to study.

Practical recording and production degrees are expensive to outfit and run, and a lot of Uni's pad their courses with academic and research content that has little to do with the job and the profession.

I'd suggest you get a list of colleges that have Music tech and recording courses, get hold of the course descriptions and then go have a look at the physical facilities, the studios and the lecture spaces specifically.

I lecture here:

We have excellent facilities and staff drawn from the best of the industries practitioners, if you want a course that gives you the skills, you need to find something like this.