stuff your working on

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, Apr 13, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

just seeing if anybody is working on any stuff in Photoshop,illustrator ect ect
    heres mine
    I call it puddle to another world
    if you have any other ideas for a name let me know

2. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

weres the pic
    ahhh

Attached Files:

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

That's pretty neat! What effects did you use and what was the original picture?

4. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

That's pretty cool mac15.

I'm working on my first ever OpenGL program. Not anything real exciting, but it's pretty cool (compared to writing command line c and c++).

I might post it here when I'm done so you can all be amazed at my 1337 programming skillz :D

5. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

it started as some wacked abstraced thing then I
    started twirling it and pinching it
    then I wanted to render it so I used difference clouds and it turned
    out pretty cool
    I don't what else I could do to it

any ideas ?

6. iGav macrumors G3

I'm currently working on a CD-ROM for the European Comission, very corporate, very very big, and not at all exciting..... developing this in Director 8.5.

Also title sequence graphics for a financial company using After Effects and Combustion, and I'm quite enjoying this...... quite mental as they're up for quite contemporary graphics.....

Apart from commercial work, am also developing and producing my showreel to send to consultancies to get get back into full time consultancy work when my current freelance work finishes...... at the start of next month.....

However its qualifying for Imola today (F1) so they all take a back seat for this.......:D

7. afonso macrumors member

working...

Currently revising for final MSc Exams... You know how that is, right?

Just finished programming a very small floating application to use with MSN Messenger, to avoid typing in all the eMoticons codes...

Check out http://homepage.mac.com/emoticons

It's still in development, but it already works...

Will start a big big programming project regarding Prolog, Cocoa and MacOS X throughout all summer. It's actually my final MSc project, so it's gonna be a beast...

Also, preparing to go to WWDC as a student developer ;) That will be a dream come true :)

Take care,
    Afonso

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I have several WIPs (works in progress) going on at the same time. Once I get something worthy of posting I'll post it. I've been working the past year or so on a 3D Animation project on the side just for the fun of it. I've had a teaser trailer posted for some time now and I'll be putting a new one I hope soon.

http://www.flossgordon.com

9. afonso macrumors member

and why does every trailer link on your floss gordon web page is a link to your email address?

now i'm curious to see the trailer ;)

take care,
    afonso

10. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Nice teaser dukestreet! Love the Star Wars title intro. :D

I've got one suggestion, just a little one: the type is set flush left, but I think that the intro to the Star Wars movies use justified paragraphs. I don't know how close you're trying to make it look like Star Wars, so you may not even care and if that's the case just forget I said anything! ;)

And I love the NFC smiley. Did you design that?

P.S. Afonso, the middle-sized movie is up. Did you try that one?

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

currenly...

I've been working on redesigning my current resumé...it's kinda corporate and dull....want something more creative...

I'm also working on a new business card template for myself...something to incorporate design as well as my photographic capabilities (which I'm still working on heavily!!)...when I move I will need to possibly enter new information for contact as well...so something likely 10 up on a letter size document so I can run them through any printer from my Ti...

also been going through the painstaking process of getting my digital photography files in order...been working on this on & off for about 2 months now... :rolleyes:

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wierd, for some reason the background image is linking to my mail address. Sorry. When you move over the trailer link, see that it changes to the javascript link - for the movie, not the email. I'll go and fix that later.

I'm reworking the site, using flash, incorporating screen shots of the spaceships, characters and animations. I'll probably be working on this for another year before I get an episode put together. But in the mean time I'll be posting updates, hopefully soon.

Go check out the flossing council website too.

The logo was rework of the original I did from a sketch for the National Flossing Council. I modified it for FlossGordon, gave it a more Intergalactic feel.

13. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

i've been working on a web site for an apple orchard in my area for nearly 4 months on and off

you can check it out @ http://orchard.kishba.com

i'm still waiting for pictures & information from the orchard... they haven't been very quick at sending stuff to me

please send me feedback on the site... i need it!

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nice clean and simple design, I like it. A few pics will be a great addition to the site.

What's the 'Hi' on the main page for? You might want to do something about that, just remove it, and make it blank.

15. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

16. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

hehe... the pics will go up as soon as i get them... the "HI" is there because i'm waiting for info & pics from them... in time it'll all be fixed

although the design is really simple, the cool part is nearly every aspect of the site can be changed from an admin center i created for the site

it's been a long, but fun process :)

17. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

This is one of my Photoshop Projects:

Attached Files:

18. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Other than that, I am working on a FilemakerPro powered F1 Website, a Portable eBook reader and a Rock mix on my favourite songs.

My current great passion is a band that me a my musical friends setup (I have studied PA/Sound engineering for about 4 years now) Firstly I will set the seen, its sometime after Midnight (just finished a school prom concent, we didn't play but me and a friend did the PA) and we all had some time to spare, so I whipped out my PB and recorded the group playing (we are missing elec Guitar, Bass Guitar and a decent drum kit) It was probably the most fun I had in my life (not counting MYSF02) We spend about 2 hours playing. I will post more when we have finished writing our own songs (the song I have uploaded is our version of Oasis and Wonder Wall.) the guy singing was slightly drunk and the guy who helped me with PA is the guy whose voice is kind of droneing in the background!

Anyway after all that, here is the link:
    http://www.brooklineuk.com/WonderWall (Como) 1.mp3

My long running projects are ymug.org starbase64.brooklineuk.com and brooklineuk.com.

Ensign

19. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Re: stuff your working on

that's pretty good :) I can't do that kind of stuff with Photoshop, but I'm not generally a graphics person. Just started using it last year, and I'm looking forward to PS7. Working on a website right now, it's an ongoing project with some other peeps I know... just a basic text one for now, but again when I get PS7, it's gonna be fab...

pnw

20. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

Re: Re: stuff your working on

you should post some links to it as you develop it!

i'd love to give you some support & feedback

21. big macrumors 65816

big

I practice architecture on a mac (of course) and this is some of the stuff I'm doing right now with it in a little known program called Powercadd 2000 (engsw.com)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

I'm working...

on a pic of a spaceship in Bryce 5. Currently it sucks (it needs a *lot* more detail), but I'll post it anyway. At least I got the lighting right this time :)

<edit>Oh bugger. It didn't work. I guess Chimera needs a bit more work.</edit>

23. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

learning

basically trying to learn enough about dvd studio pro to make some simple cds for some guy my brother's working on videos for.

also learning about using artmatic to creat organic dissolve mattes..

that and right now i'm drawing frame after frame of animation for class... blah

24. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

I am working on a VERY primitive skating video in Maya for OSX. I downloaded the free version that leaves the dumb watermark saying:"This software not for commercial use" in a big, grey, transparent font. I have some of the background done.(rails, benches, sidewalk, road, some buildings, yada yada yada). I haven't started the characters yet, or painted the stuff I've done. It will only be a little more than a minute long(maybe not even that). I should finish it within 3 to 6 weeks(hopefully). I will post it when I am done.

25. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

No I'm working on a web site
    here it is It need adlustment but it pretty descent
    tell me what you think please I need it

Attached Files: