Stuffit Deluxe help!

Discussion in 'Community' started by nate13, Feb 16, 2004.

1. nate13 macrumors 6502

nate13

Ok, after recently purchasing Stuffit Deluxe for use for the bigger and more complex files from school, i need to have the regular one back for downloads and on the desktop. any ideas how to switch back and how to keep it like that? i have previously changed it, but it will change to Stuffit deluxe permenitly. thanx
    nate13
    :confused:

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

Re: Stuffit Deluxe help!

first of all: wrong forum man :) this should be in software discussions not community discussions :p

what do you mean you need the regular one back? Do you need Stuffit Expander back? It does come with Deluxe iirc. Just search for it.

And unless you have some reall good reason to use the older version, i suggest you stick with the newer one :)

3. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

deluxe has all the functionality that expander has, plus some. are you not happy about the way deluxe opens files by default? you can always use the rename-uncompress feature, which means that when you for example rename a "filename.txt.sit" to a "filename.txt" it will be uncompressed on the fly.

4. nate13 thread starter macrumors 6502

nate13

its not that...

I understand that it has enhanced functionality, but it does take longer (because of slecting it and slecting stuff/ unstuff). i would jsut like to use stuffit expander on a regular basis and use Deluxe on major projects that i would like to unstuff one at a time. (ex: 400 MB stuffed project that i want only one thing out of)
    nate13

5. nate13 thread starter macrumors 6502

nate13

sry

sry bout the wrong forum place, must have click on the wrong window... i wish Expose could tell you wich one was the forum you wanted to post to...

6. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

well, i guess you can always do this:

- control-click a .sit file, go "open with" and select "other"
    - find stuffit expander from your hard disk
    - select "open always with"

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

actually an easier way is to go to the Get Info window (apple+i), theres a drop down menu that lets you choose. :) sometimes easier :p

8. nate13 thread starter macrumors 6502

nate13

thanx

thanxs for all the help!! works great, problem solved. :D