StuffIt Help Please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arcus, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Arcus macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    of my hand will get me slapped.

Here is my dilemma. I have version 7.0.1 of stuffit expander on my 700mhz iBook 394 meg of ram and at least 10 gigs left on my hard drive.

I wanted to try Unreal Tournament 2k4 so I grabbed the file from
    the site. The problem I am having is that when I try to unstuff it it gets hung at 5% and never ever completes the unstuffing. I have let it run for 30 mins just to be sure. I tried dl'ing the file 2 times and no success.

Is there an alternative to stuffit that I can use? Is there something better?
    Im just worried that this problem could continue and when I 'really' need to unstuff something I wont be able to.

Thanks for your help!!
  2. telecomm macrumors 65816

Nov 30, 2003
    Open up Stuffit and see if you can get into the application's preferences to de-select the "Allow Version Checking", which may be the source of your problem. (I'm not entirely sure v.7.0.1 is affected by this problem, but v8.x certainly is.)

Stuffit began having problems a couple of months ago, if I remember correctly, when Aladdin changed their name to Allume, and then moved the website as well. Stuffit gets hung when trying to connect to a website that no longer exists.