Stumped- Need help from the community

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by azmacguy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Greetings fellow Apple fans

Let me get right to my issue. I can no longer text or view text images in landscape mode. All other applications work fine when switching from portrait/landscape. However, when it comes to sending text messages the phone will not switch to landscape view.

My wife has the same iPhone as I (4-iOS 6) and she is able to text in landscape. I'm stumped- any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Do you have the orientation lock on?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your suggestion. This was the first thing I checked- it is not on.

4. macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Oh hey I lived in Boston MA for a while, near the copley back bay area. I know I know, irrelevant lol.

5. macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Now THIS is not funny and irrelevant. Laughing at your own joke, I see.

6. macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Exactly

7. macrumors 65816

RichardC300

;)

8. macrumors 65816

Mliii

An obvious solution and you've probably done this but have you tried doing a hard reset?
    (Press the Home button and the Sleep-Wake button on th top of the phone simultaneously till the Apple Icon appears, keep holding and let it cycle through again till the Apple Icon appears again and release)

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked! You good sir are awesome! I had forgot about the hard-reset! Thank you for your help!

Cheers!

10. macrumors 6502a

Prime85

What I almost forgot was a forum like this is meant for people to ask questions on how to fix their devices if something goes wrong. Strange thing is you never really see threads like this and mostly have threads about people complaining because nothing really goes wrong with these phones.

Anyway I am glad you were able to fix your issue. I wish the forum would be more like this than people bickering

11. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

It's possible that there aren't as many of these types of threads because most issues have already been discussed here and people are searching instead of starting new threads.

Unlikely...but possible.

12. macrumors 65816

Mliii

That's why a lot of us stick around- not to engage in silly arguments, but to help and be helped by others. It's mostly a good community with good help available when it's needed.
    Glad OP's problem is solved!