Stupid America's Army question

Discussion in 'Games' started by Pass2Yao, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Pass2Yao macrumors member

Hey everybody. Yes, this is a silly question, and the sad part is I've actually dedicated an hour or so to finding the answer, and have come up empty handed.
    I just recently starting playing AA, and I finished training, fixed punkbuster and started deploying on training missions. The problem is, I can't determine who is a friend and who is an enemy. Is there some kind of uniform difference? They all look like the same shade of camoflauge to me. Is it something else? helmet color? How do you tell the difference b/w foe and friend???? So far I've just been shooting at whoevers shooting at me..not very effective I assure you.

Help!!!

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

In the deployable training missions you are fighting American-Looking soldiers. They should appear a darker shade than you're friendlies. In most, if not all, of the other missions your enemy will always appear as terrorists.

3. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

lol! i just posted a thread about getting AA to work and once i got it to work i had to ask the same question!!!!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90122

about half way down i ask the question and people start answering it. i havent played since then, but there seem to be good tips there.

4. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Shame it's not so easy to tell in real life :rolleyes:

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

6. benpatient macrumors 68000

That will get your team killed off very quickly in AA!

7. Pass2Yao thread starter macrumors member

thanks wpod, I checked out that thread. To be honest though, I'm not sure how much it helped. The missions I'm playing are still under "training" so there are no terrorists in black masks...just fellow U.S. soldiers. After looking for different shades of camaflouge uniform, I'm unable to discern the differences. Maybe it's just me...anyway, I have a bigger, pressing issue I should address before playing AA anymore...I need a mouse!!! Playing on the powerbook's trackpad: c'est horrible!
    :(

8. benpatient macrumors 68000

you're trying to play on a trackpad???!?!?!?!?!?!

oy.

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

If you get close enough, then you will see the pointer turn red. Radio "Report in or I shoot!" and wait a few seconds. Then shoot. By then, you will have been able to get a good target sighted, steady your breathing, and go crouched or prone. Shoot if they don't report. It will take a little bit untill you know where on the map is where they report...so play one map untill you get it.

Also, some other maps where you are not playing MOUT, they enemy wears black with hooded masks. Usually.

10. Pass2Yao thread starter macrumors member

thanks mechcozmo...I have recently been playing other missions and it's true...the enemies are much easier to distinguish on other maps.

and benpatient...I know, it's been rather difficult with the trackpad...but just think how embarassing it is that I usually average a kill each time. Sucks to be that guy. :D