Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2001
NH
I just got my 12" PowerBook 2 nights ago, and I absolutely love it. It is definately faster than my FP 700 MHz iMac combo.

I have one problem though... Bluetooth seems to be the default method of connection to the internet whether bluetooth is on or off...

If I go to system preferences, under bluetooth, it tells me bluetooth is off... Yet there is a button that says "turn bluetooth off"... If i press this button, bluetooth turns on (or does it?)

If I "turn bluetooth off: by pressing the button, it really turns off, and if I go to my internet connect menu, it is grayed out.

Once I put the computer to sleep and wake it up, however, it starts all over again. If I try to conect to the internet, it will tell me that the device could not be found. (it is looking for a bluetooth phone)

It's really annoying! I really love this computer but I'm tired of having to redo my network configuration every time I wake the comptuer from sleep... any ideas???

Thanks so much

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
I think what you have is a genuine 10.2.4 problem (just like the rest of us :D) You might have to grin and bear it until Apples next OS X update comes along.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
In the Network Preference, you can set the priority of the different connections.

So in your case, set the Built-in Modem above Bluetooth and you should be OK.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by ftaok
In the Network Preference, you can set the priority of the different connections.

Or you can just delete blue tooth and other options for connecting to the interntet that you don't use from the list.

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2001
NH
Originally posted by ftaok

Hey I didn't know you could do that! I'm learning more and more about OSX and loving it more and more as i go along :) Thanks for helping me get my priorities straight;) thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.