stupid bluetooth!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Tommy!, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Tommy! macrumors regular

I just got my 12" PowerBook 2 nights ago, and I absolutely love it. It is definately faster than my FP 700 MHz iMac combo.

I have one problem though... Bluetooth seems to be the default method of connection to the internet whether bluetooth is on or off...

If I go to system preferences, under bluetooth, it tells me bluetooth is off... Yet there is a button that says "turn bluetooth off"... If i press this button, bluetooth turns on (or does it?)

If I "turn bluetooth off: by pressing the button, it really turns off, and if I go to my internet connect menu, it is grayed out.

Once I put the computer to sleep and wake it up, however, it starts all over again. If I try to conect to the internet, it will tell me that the device could not be found. (it is looking for a bluetooth phone)

It's really annoying! I really love this computer but I'm tired of having to redo my network configuration every time I wake the comptuer from sleep... any ideas???

Thanks so much

2. steeleclipse macrumors 6502

I think what you have is a genuine 10.2.4 problem (just like the rest of us :D) You might have to grin and bear it until Apples next OS X update comes along.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

In the Network Preference, you can set the priority of the different connections.

So in your case, set the Built-in Modem above Bluetooth and you should be OK.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Or you can just delete blue tooth and other options for connecting to the interntet that you don't use from the list.

5. Tommy! thread starter macrumors regular

Originally posted by ftaok
    In the Network Preference, you can set the priority of the different connections.

So in your case, set the Built-in Modem above Bluetooth and you should be OK.

Hey I didn't know you could do that! I'm learning more and more about OSX and loving it more and more as i go along :) Thanks for helping me get my priorities straight;) thanks again