Stupid iPhone seal question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abz1981, Jan 12, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

HI all
    Okay this thread may have to be in the wasteland, but going to ask anyway. Call me paranoid.

How strong is the seal that goes around the iphone, when it comes to protecting from any liquid going through into the phone, along the sides of the screen. For example if some liquid accidentally spilled on the screen, for example tea, and you quickly wipe it, but you have concerns that it may have gone to the side of the screen and into the phone. This is an iphone 5 by the way.

thanks all.

2. macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Did you spill something on it or is it speculation

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

accidentally spilled some tea on the screen near the side/edge of the screen.

4. macrumors 68020

macingman

If it you wiped it of quickly it's fine. I've had my iPhone(s) fully submerged in water before and they survived without even needing to turn them of.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks macingman. How did yours manage to survive fully in water, wouldn't the liquid indicator change colour?

6. macrumors 6502

The iPhone 5 is very resistant to water. I had water over every button while being pushed and none ever broke. Not just some water on my fingers but rather constantly putting liquid on/around the buttons trying to see if they break. None did

7. macrumors 68020

macingman

the indicator probably did change colour but it's a 4S out of warranty anyway.

8. macrumors 601

I've splashed my iPhone 5 a few times getting out of the bath before, no harm done and indicators haven't tripped as far as I can tell.

9. macrumors 68030

You'll generally be OK as long as it doesn't go in the dock, headphone jack and/or speakers. :)