Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geese

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
Has anyone had any experience with this joke of a delivery company?

I'm waiting for an LCD screen to be delivered from Dabs.com, so I can use it with my newly bought mini. But the stupid idiots have delivered to the wrong address.

Theres no proper way to call Parcelforce up, it only goes to a stupid phone menu and not to a person. You can only e-mail them. So i e-mail them, and they find out whats happened. Its been sent to the wrong place, but it'll be redelivered on tuesday.

Today is wednesday and still no joy.

Tried calling Dabs, but they are useless. Only confirming that it has been delivered. Thanks, but to which adress you stupid [expletive deleted].

Applespider

macrumors G4
Are there any Brits who haven't experienced your pain at some point? I dread occasions where something gets delivered to home by Parcelforce and you spend hours on the phone/traipsing around industrial estates to find their warehouse. Argh!

Anyhow, I'd suggest getting back on the phone to Dabs (who admittedly aren't known for their customer service prowess) since it's not your problem that their delivery company has screwed up. Why should you spend your time investigating? Besides their customer service team will have a number to call at Parcelforce to deal with escalations... and might get an answer faster.

Good Luck

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Parcelforce... don't they do the Royal Mail special deliveries? Which are heftily guaranteed?

You should perhaps give Royal Mail a call and see if there's any timescale compensation, I know for a fact there is on all the deliveries I send out... do you have the tracking number?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
geese said:
Tried calling Dabs, but they are useless. Only confirming that it has been delivered. Thanks, but to which adress you stupid [expletive deleted].

Dabs has a consumer phone number?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Like their prices, but crap website or shopping experience to be more precise.

They're much more slavish and bootlicking over their business account customers -- I run our work one and they're incredibly craven. :)

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
geese said:

Just cancel the payment (or don't pay, if you haven't yet). I'm pretty sure THEY will contact you then.. ;-)

geese

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
weg said:
Just cancel the payment (or don't pay, if you haven't yet). I'm pretty sure THEY will contact you then.. ;-)

Its been paid :(

I also stupidly didnt use a credit card, otherwise I would not have been liable.

I'm trying with Dabs, but I they wont give me a contact number for them to complain to. Its all by e-mail. And when i do e-mail the, they dont seem to read them and give me an automated response.

I have a tracking number. I feel i'll be using this alot. :mad:

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I'm ready to kick some UPS butt today.

From Nashville, UPS ground shipped my new Dell 24" display to PA
when it was supposed to go to VA.

ƒ?ç©?µ?µ?*?**?ƒ©?µ¨ˆø…ªø§¶?¢?£¡!!!!!

Re-routed for delivery tomorrow :mad:

Apple used Fed Ex and my G5 got here early.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
I ordered an ipod mini yesterday around 3 p.m. and it said it would ship same day. I paid for 2 day shipping and yet 28 hours later it is still awaiting pickup from FedEx at the dock. If it does not ship tomorrow I will not be able to get it before I leave school for the summer.... another classic case of Apple screwing up ... again.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Chrispy said:
I ordered an ipod mini yesterday around 3 p.m. and it said it would ship same day. I paid for 2 day shipping and yet 28 hours later it is still awaiting pickup from FedEx at the dock. If it does not ship tomorrow I will not be able to get it before I leave school for the summer.... another classic case of Apple screwing up ... again.
See, you pay for 2 day shipping and it may actually take 2 days for the carrier to deliver it.

But it may take a week for your order to make it into the delivery company's hands.

I sort of wish they'd include an estimated time to pickup in their calculation.

Sort of worse when the point of origin may be in another country.

Edit: Much worse when customs decides you win the lottery for getting you shipment crawled through, and they hold it up for awhile.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Sun Baked said:
See, you pay for 2 day shipping and it may actually take 2 days for the carrier to deliver it.

But it may take a week for your order to make it into the delivery company's hands.

I sort of wish they'd include an estimated time to pickup in their calculation.

Sort of worse when the point of origin may be in another country.

Edit: Much worse when customs decides you win the lottery for getting you shipment crawled through, and they hold it up for awhile.

Haha agreed. I just wish they would not put that it ships same day if it is going to take 3 days or more to ship. I have never had issues with dell and most of the time they ship same day regardless of the estimated ship time. Apple should take some lessons from Dell customer service at time... sad as that is to say.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Of all the delivery companies I've had the misfortune to deal with, ParcelForce have always been one of the best in that their tracking information is usually spot-on, and although you have to listen to drivel through their automated telephone system (tip: Just say 'I don't know" to any of the questions it asks), you do get through to an actual person who is usually quite happy to give you the number of the local depot. The number for ParcelForce is 0870 8501150 btw.

As far as dabs goes, I stopped using them years ago when they decided that they would only let the customer contact them by e-mail, no matter how urgent the matter is, and then only reply after about 4 days. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I pity you for having to actually deal with them. Such a long way from their humble beginnings...

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
geese said:
Theres no proper way to call Parcelforce up, it only goes to a stupid phone menu and not to a person. You can only e-mail them. So i e-mail them, and they find out whats happened. Its been sent to the wrong place, but it'll be redelivered on tuesday.
I programmed automated voice systems once, for a short time, and we always added a "hidden" speak-to-a-real-person option on the menus. It depends on the company, but pressing "0" might work.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
plinden said:
I programmed automated voice systems once, for a short time, and we always added a "hidden" speak-to-a-real-person option on the menus. It depends on the company, but pressing "0" might work.

The FIRST option should always be

" If you are really willing to wait to talk
to a human being, please press 0 now."

If you would like to use our automated system,
please stand by and you will be re-directed endlessly until
we feel like answering or your cell phone battery dies and then you'll get the wrong department
and that person won't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

petej

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2004
Parcelforce used to be really good for me. We had a depot close by and drivers who got off their butts to deliver to residential addresses before people left for work. On the odd occaision when they missed me it was only a short drive to the depot. All good things have to come to an end and the depot was closed down. Now I have to go half way round London if I want to pick things up so instead, I now choose the option of delivery to a post office. It costs a bit more but works very well. It of couse annoys me that you can only request this option after a failed delivery.

As for Dabs well, when things work they are fine. A few months ago, I had my first - and last experience of Dabs customer service. All I will say is keep your e-mails short and to the point. My issues with them were only resolved when I started a e-mail with a give me a name and a telephone number or I cancel the order demand.

Good Luck

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
ParcelFarce are the worst.
One of my mates works in a depot, the stories he's told me are unbelieveable.
I used to work in a Skateboard shop and the experiences we had with ParcelFarce are equally shocking.

L

Lau

The last Parcelforce delivery I had the pleasure of recieving I was greeted by the phrase "where the [expletive deleted] is number 14?

Wow, thanks mate.

The one before that they left £50 of electrical stuff on my doorstep. In a city. In the rain. With an owl*.

* The owl isn't true.

geese

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
another day, another 2 e-mail to both companies. No reply.

If both companies choose to ignore me, what can i do? Its really out of order, and making me angry. They've taken £150 from me with nothing to show.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
brap said:
Parcelforce... don't they do the Royal Mail special deliveries? Which are heftily guaranteed?

You should perhaps give Royal Mail a call and see if there's any timescale compensation, I know for a fact there is on all the deliveries I send out... do you have the tracking number?

Wouldn't that make them the prime suspect for being a poor delivery company? DHL here was so pleased to tout that they did the overseas deliveries for the U.S. Postal Service that when I finally experienced DHL myself (because of the Airborne Express merger), I realised that "close enough for government work" wasn't a joke. It's a shame since I had the complete opposite experience from Airborne Express.

Meanwhile, Friday, Fedex and UPS were both delivering packages. I heard the UPS truck and the package was there. As well, there was a Fedex door hanger--on the window no less--so I figure the Fedex person delivered the door hanger and left the package in the truck because it was less trouble. I ended up driving to get the package at the depot. If they'd just told me that they were too busy this time of year to wait 30 seconds for me to get to the door after knocking, I would have gone with someone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.