Stupid PC comments!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by jc0481, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc0481 macrumors regular

Sorry but I'm feeling angry right now. My best friend and I were talking about a couple days ago and told him I'm getting a mac for next computer purchase and he said "you are? is it compatible?" That's all he said I was thinking compatible with what BE MORE SPECIFIC. I don't think he even understood his own question. I also told my mother-in-law that I will be getting a mac and she asked why and told her one of the many reasons that I does not have any viruses out and about and she said "not yet" and laughed. OS X has been for about FIVE years no viruses yet. I understand possibly maybe in the future a slim chance. One that puzzled me the most and maybe you guys can figure this one out. An old friend of mine knew about Macs because he knew how to type something like in textedit and have it spoken back by the computer and he said that program is still in OS 9 MODE, and he DID NOT like macs because I asked him how he did that and being a jerk that he is did not want to tell me, how can he that knows a bit about macs does not like them????? He was a big gamer maybe that's why. I don't know just wanted to vent.

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

HAHA, that's one of the funniest one's I've heard yet. I think this proves, again, that Apple needs to focus it's marketing on Macs other than just the iPod. People still think Macs are the way they were 10 years ago. People still think Macs cost $3000. People still think Macs have no software. People still think you can only use 1 button with Macs (which, IMO, I like).

All we got to do is ignore their comments, and watch battle it out with viruses and spyware and Windows :D ;)

3. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Agreed, most people are horribly misinformed about Macs. That's really M$'s best ally--ignorance and laziness. Most people do NOT like Windows but just have all these stupid misconceptions about Macs and they never even consider them. Probably the worst is that they are too expensive, but there are others like "not compatible". I'd bet that if every Windows user spent a week or two using a Mac, the majority would switch. Apple needs a better marketing campaign.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

A typical PC user trying to get his equipment working...

[​IMG]

5. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Hehehe. I like that :D

6. Mr LuLu macrumors member

My cousin has a website www.bottleofbroon.co.uk and I'm fed up of trying to explain why Macs are better than Wintel machines! I'd just about given up on it but then I found this site!!! :D

I'd love a bit of Mac/iPod support on there if anybody feels like it! :)

7. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    I think, and admit that I could be wrong, that Apple is going to have to standardize on a few more things once they become "another x86 box". One of those things may well be a 2 button and scroll-wheel mouse.

I support Apple's direction here, and commend them for doing what they're doing. I'm tired of seeing Apple getting the golden ram without vasseline from IBM, and it's nice to see Apple turn the tables on them for a change. And unlike many others I've seen, I have no issues with Apple using an x86 processor, so long as the performance I will get from one I may buy in the future is at least in line with what I would have gotten had they stayed with PPC.

I do not want to run Windows. I am not, and have never been, a Microsoft supporter or fanboy. Their company sucks, and their OS sucks even worse. Steve said at the keynote that the OS is the heart of the platform, and he's absolutely right. Throwing out specialty, minority players, the world is now going to be an x86 world. However, we will still have four distinct platforms: Mac OS X on x86, all other forms of UNIX on x86, Linux on x86, and Windows on x86.

Unlike a lot of other naysayers out there, I think this will be a good thing for Apple, especially marketing-wise. No longer will the rest of the world have 3.x GHz systems and Apple only has 1.5 GHz. (Yeah, I know they have faster than that, I'm just trying to make a point.) Now when the rest of the industry (and by that I mean PC manufacturers, not OS makers) has 4 GHz, Apple will have 4 GHz. And what's great about that is now Apple will be able to forthrightly say, "See, same speed, but much better OS."

Personally, I'd really like to see Apple have an impact on reference MB design, and hooking up with Intel could achieve that, too. And the good thing about it is they could help perfect whatever is left out there and contribute to everyone having a better box. In time, maybe Apple could even get out of the hardware business. I think this move to x86 will, in large part, help to determine that for them.

Either you are definied by the times or you define them. Apple has spent a lifetime defining their times. So perhaps this isn't such a bad thing, you know, for Apple to be on the receiving end for a change. We'll see.

8. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

<aside>You know, I used to be a sadistic zooaphiliac narcophile, but then I realized I was just beating dead horse...</aside>

9. maya macrumors 68040

maya

To the original poster's comments and concerns:

Who care, what you friends think about what you use to compute, chances are if you make fun of what someone has and uses the person or persons who are insulting or making fun at you are the jealous party.

Enjoy that the fact that your friends are actually taking they useless time to poke fun at what they secretly envy you for having and using. ;) :)

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

These things make you mad? My friends who know me well don't argue with me on Macs cause they know I don't pull the facts out of my ass and know what I'm talking about.

Don't worry about your friends and just worry about what you want and don't make such a big deal about it.

jon

11. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Thats my line...
    had it in my sig for a while even. :)

Last night I was talking to a windoze fan boy who thought the only good thing that MS made was Windows. He thought the XBox was a total waste. Rather surreal actually.

12. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I got in argument (not really but dont no what else to call it) about that and he was positive that you couldn't use any other mouse than a apple 1 button. In my mind i was thinking "ur a idiot"

13. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Same here. No one gives me trouble anymore because I'm the one they always call when things go wrong. Mac, Linux, windows- you name it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.