Stupid PC User Friend

Discussion in 'Community' started by oldschool, Feb 29, 2004.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

A friend of mine was supposed to send me a Document over MSN, and i guess it didn't work because he came back online and said to me: You stupid jackass, your Mac crashed my computer when I tried to send you that file.

hahahaha I used some choice words for him. :D And suggested he get himself a new computer.

He had to totally restart too.

2. jtkellertx macrumors member

jtkellertx

OMG

LMAO, hahahahahahaha, lol
    Remember kids walk it off or a spoonful of sugar. It cures ALL PC USERS.
    The Macintosh version of MSN IS PAINFUL......I wonder why.........

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I'm amazed at how many times I hear that a Mac computer will crash a Windows machine. You never hear a Windows machine crashing a Mac now do you? It doesn't seem like the problem is communication, but rather that Windows is simply not programmed to play nice with anything BUT Windows, [sarcasm] now there's a shocker for ya [/sarcasm].

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

that's too funny ;)

as a pc and mac tech for five years, i have never heard that one

one thing i hate though is when i am on mac with the internet/email, someone sends me a .doc word file...i have to resend it to myself and open it up on my pc

i know, i know, i should get microsoft office for macs, but i can't justify spending that much money since i am basically happy with appleworks...though ms word does more, i don't find myself needing that much horsepower for a text document

and how many times have you heard of someone shelling out the bucks for office for mac, and then never using it...it just puts those aqua looking ms icons on your desktop and you are out a couple of hundred dollars

i think when ms first invested a lot of money into apple, and thus got a lot of leverage over apple, they should have developed a microsoft works for mac and put in on every new mac sold in the late 90s...that way, if people really liked those pared down apps, they could have bought the full on ms office for mac

in a way ms works is an advertisement for ms office

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

why dont you just use icword to view them.

iJon

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

TextEdit can also view most .DOCs

Well, PC Users are generally not the stupid ones, it's the PCs.

Take Outlook's addressbook for example,
    Say you've got one address that needs to be in two Distribution Lists (similar to groups in OSX's address book). What does Outlook do? Duplicate that freaking address! And if this is the case for like most of your addresses, be prepared for some very stressing Palm management. My mom got a Palm for her 50th birthday, and we're tying to sync 2 computers with it, but it's gonna be impossible with Outlooks duplicating problem. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. [/rant]

7. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Have you tried OpenOffice, it is free on runs on Mac OS 10.2 or higher.

8. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

I have to disagree.
    I know for a fact that Windows doesn't play nice with Windows much less anything else :)

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hahah i hear that a lot, its ur stupid mac thats causing all the problems blah blah blah

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

A prof I know tends to give me crap now and again about using a Mac. I just tell him to stuff it and move on.

11. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

We had an issue where I work; the macs were runing slow on the network (running wireless and LDAP). The students were blaming it on the mac, and wanted pc's to use, because they don't have problems like this. I didn't have the heart to tell them them macs were running slow, because the pc lab next door got infected with a worm (welchia?) and was flooding the network, slowing things down :rolleyes: .

12. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    At the San Diego Unified School District, our department simply bought a district license for Office and we ship it preinstalled on our district Apple and IBM image.