Stupid question regarding the dock..

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by fancyafc, Jun 22, 2004.

1. fancyafc macrumors newbie

Hi, okay stupid question maybe. All I would like to know is it possible to remove items from the dock that I never use. e.g iChat, Safari (Use to, very nice but poor java capabilities) and so on. Can I remove these? Have tried various things but have now given up and need help. Cheers to anyone that can answer the question.

2. matt459 macrumors member

clicking on the icon and holding while dragging it onto the desktop makes it poof into smoke and disappear. did that help???

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. fancyafc thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for that. Man its been one of those days. Just switched from PC's although I admit I still have one and am just working out the intracasies of OSX. I would have to say that at this point OSX is alot easir to use and feels alot nicer than Windows but hey still learing. But tah for the help.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, it's kinda funny going from a Windows machine to an Apple. You're so used to doing things the hard way, that things can sometimes seem just too easy on a Mac. You should have seen OS 9...